The Highland Recovery Center is a residential treatment program that helps men achieve recovery, long-term sobriety and live successfully in their community. The Center provides a six-month holistic program that promotes addiction recovery while increasing an individual’s quality of life through a comprehensive array of services that includes development of life skills, education and community involvement. Services are provided at no cost to participants.
Highland Recovery Center helps men learn about how their life experiences have come together to create their substance abuse problems. Individuals learn new ways of expressing their thoughts and feelings, and healthy ways of meeting their needs through individual, group and family counseling; traditional 12-step programs; nature and art therapy; wellness education and exercise; and opportunities to work and volunteer in the community. Residents also have the opportunity to obtain a GED while in the program and receive support in finding employment and transitioning back into their community.
What Highland Recovery Center provides
This is a six-month residential treatment and recovery program that includes:
• Comprehensive health assessment
• Case management and resource coordination
• Physician and nursing services
• Individual, group and family counseling, including 12-step programs
• Substance use testing, treatment and education
• Co-occurring mental health treatment
• HIV testing and education
• Life skills training (self-care, parenting, healthy relationships)
• Anger and emotional management
• Community support and transition
• Relapse prevention and aftercare
• Employment and career services (job readiness, training, matching and other support)
• Linkage to GED preparation and other community resources
Who the program is for
The Highland Recovery Center is for men age 18 and older with a primary diagnosis of a substance use disorder, and men with substance use disorders and co-occurring mental health issues, who need a safe and stable living environment in order to develop sufficient recovery skills. The Highland Recovery Center is located in Jasper, Georgia (Pickens County) but is open to men in any county served by Highland Rivers Health.
For more information about Highland Recovery Center, or to make a referral (men can also self-refer):
Phone: (706) 253-1169
Fax: (706) 253-1113
Address: 323 Roland Rd.; Jasper, Georgia 30145
After Hours Contact: (800) 715-4225 (Georgia Crisis and Access Line)
Family visitation: Sundays, 1:00 to 5:00 p.m.